Terms of Service
Last update: 05/02/2023
This Client Service Agreement is made in Charlotte, NC by and between Book EasyClean, LLC (hereinafter referred to as "Company"), and, Client (hereinafter referred to as "Client.""). Company is an Employment Agency/Domestic Referral Company in the business of assisting clients seeking housekeeping and other domestic services and in recruiting and registering qualified professional domestic workers ("Housekeeper") for job referrals. Client has requested Company's services to identify potential Housekeeper to provide housekeeping services to Client in Client’s home or office.
The parties hereby agree as follows:
Housekeepers working through Company are not employees of the company. Company is not responsible for property damage or loss.
Our automated pricing feature is based on an estimate of time to clean based on the square footage, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, other rooms, type of service and any added extras to that service. Our Housekeepers can renegotiate pricing if they find that your home is not within these stated parameters (for example - smaller, larger, more rooms, less rooms, dirtier than expected or cleaner than expected).
Please be advised that our Housekeepers assume no liability for damage of loss of items that are not secured properly or that are damaged prior to their cleaning. (Example: heavy pictures hanging from thumbtacks, any type of floating shelves, etc.) knick-knack items of extreme value, (monetary or sentimental) should be stored in a case behind glass or dusted and cleaned by the owner. All surfaces (i.e.: Marble, Granite, hardwood floors, etc.) are assumed to be properly sealed and ready to clean without causing harm when common cleansers are used.
Our Housekeepers need to work freely and without distractions. Every effort that is made to work safely and cautiously, but our Housekeepers cannot assume liability for the safety of others while cleaning your home. This includes children and pets. Be advised that if our Housekeepers are subject to distractions that affect their ability to work in their normal fashion or speed, our Housekeepers reserve the right to charge extra for their extra time spent in the home.
- Referral Service: All Housekeepers undergo a thorough background screening prior to being referred to Client and Company will verify the Housekeeper’s legal status and work authorization prior to being referred to Client in accordance with procedures established under Federal law.
- Payment: Payment is due at the time service is completed. A hold may or may not be put on the card for the the original quoted amount. Client may provide Company with a valid credit card to keep on file for billing. Client is responsible for and agrees to pay Company for the full cost of Client’s requested services after the service is completed. Client is billed based on a flat fee unless otherwise stated. The referral fee charged by Company for its services shall be reasonable. Client agrees to pay Company a Referral Fee for as long as Client continues to engage or otherwise utilize the Housekeeper’s services. Client shall pay Company a service charge of $50 in the event Client’s payment is returned by the institution on which it is drawn for any reason.
- Cancellation: Failure to notify Company by 5pm the day before the service of cancellation of any requested service will result in a 25% fee charged for the scheduled visit.
- Lock Out or No-Show: It is the responsibility of Client to ensure access for cleaning. If Client is not available or other access arrangements have not been made and the Housekeeper is unable to enter, there will be a $50 lock-out charge for each Housekeeper that was sent to the job.
- Housekeeper Performance: Company must be contacted no later than 48 hours after completion of the service if Client is not entirely satisfied with the housekeeping work that was performed. We can then alert the Housekeeper of your concerns to arrange their return to the subject property within 24 hours of your contact, at no additional charge, to re-clean the areas that had not been finished to your satisfaction. If Company is contacted more than 48 hours after completion of the service, all additional housekeeping services will be subject to standard charges, on a case by case basis. Any jobs requiring extra or unusual supplies and/or equipment will be billed additionally for these services. Any additional services not normally included in the cleaning package that you select will also be billed for additionally.
- Direct Hiring Prohibited: Client agrees not to directly engage the services of any referred Housekeeper during the term of this Agreement and for a period of nine (9) months after termination of services without informing Company of the scheduled services. Should services commence or additional services be provided without informing Company, Client agrees to pay Company $2,500 as a finder’s fee immediately upon employing our Housekeepers for any services to your home/ business and your Housekeepers will be terminated immediately from our Company as they will also be in breach of their own non solicitation agreement.
- Performance of Services: The Housekeeper represents that he/she possesses the qualifications, ability and experience to perform all services requested by and rendered to Client without the advice, control or supervision of Company. The Housekeeper shall be solely responsible for satisfactory performance of services to be rendered to Client. In the event Client communicates a complaint regarding the quality of services rendered or work performed, breakage, theft, or any other problem occurring while the Housekeeper rendered service, it is the sole responsibility of the Housekeeper to resolve the problem directly with Client. If any such complaints or concerns are received by Company, Company agrees to promptly inform the Housekeeper so he or she may resolve the matter. Company shall not be liable, and Client agrees to indemnify Company from and against any claims, losses, costs, fees, liabilities, damages, or other injuries that arise as a result of the Housekeeper’s actions or unsatisfactory performance.
- Housekeeper: Company is not the employer of the Housekeeper referred to Client. Client acknowledges that she or he may have employer responsibilities depending upon the nature of the professional relationship established with the referred Housekeeper and thus, may be liable for payment of State and/or Federal employment taxes incurred during and throughout the course of the engagement. In addition, Client acknowledges that Company shall not be liable, and Client agrees to indemnify Company from and against any claims, losses, costs, fees, liabilities, damages, or injuries arising out of Client’s failure to pay any such taxes. Due to the flexible schedule of the Housekeeper and unforeseen traffic, it is often difficult to commit to exact arrival times; therefore our Housekeepers do not guarantee exact arrival times to anyone, instead they offer a 1-2 hour window of arrival. If for any reason a Housekeeper working through Company feels that their personal safety is in danger enough to leave the job site, due to actions by the Client, guests of the Client or others at the job site, the Client will still remain liable for the full cost of the job. Although our Housekeepers are professionals, our Housekeepers are not miracle workers. Sometimes our Housekeepers are called in too late to correct the damage that is already done to some surfaces. Other items may take a couple of cleanings to look their very best. In cases of extremely cluttered areas or surfaces, our Housekeepers reserve the right to use their prerogative to skip those areas in order to avoid damaging items or hurting themselves. Our Housekeepers love special requests; however, we ask that you call the office in advance to assure that your Housekeeper who is responsible for cleaning several homes each working day, will be able to accommodate your special requests without impacting our other clients’ needs for arrival times, etc.
- Acceptance of Terms: Client understands and agrees that Client’s engagement or utilization of the services of a Housekeeper referred by Company will constitute Client’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement even if Client does not return this executed Agreement to Company.
- Termination: Client reserves the right to replace or terminate the Housekeeper for any reason.
- Attorney’s Fees: Client agrees to pay all reasonable costs, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees incurred by the Company to enforce any provision in this Agreement.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The State of North Carolina. Any action or proceeding commenced regarding this Agreement or the subjects herein shall be brought in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
- Consent for Use of Electronic Signatures: This Agreement may be executed by original, facsimile, and electronic signatures, each of which when affixed shall be deemed to be an original that is enforceable against the executing party. The parties hereby certify, represent and warrant that they have carefully read this Agreement, that they fully understand its effect, and that they agree to all its terms, provisions and conditions.
Company reserves the right to re-evaluate rates and/or change the Service Agreement and/or policies at any time.
By accepting the term and conditions, the parties hereby certify, represent and warrant that they have carefully read this Agreement, that they fully understand its effect, and that they agree to all its terms, provisions and conditions.
Website Terms of Agreement
- Terms: By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- Use License: Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on BookingKoala's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on BookingKoala's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by BookingKoala at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Disclaimer: The materials on BookingKoala's website are provided "as is". BookingKoala makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, BookingKoala does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Limitations: In no event shall BookingKoala or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on BookingKoala's Internet site, even if BookingKoala or a BookingKoala authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata: The materials appearing on BookingKoala's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. BookingKoala does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. BookingKoala may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. BookingKoala does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Links: BookingKoala has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by BookingKoala of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
- Governing Law: Any claim relating to BookingKoala's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.
By agreeing to use our services you are agreeing to be bound by ALL of our terms and conditions as stated throughout this notice.